Friday, October 03, 2014

What's with our president?

Jim Geraghty has a piece on his blog "What is with the president?" analyzing how it is this administration continues to make blunder after blunder on White House communications.

Let me add some things to this list.

1) This guy is freakin' lazy. Let's face it. He's never had a real job in his life so I'm sure that having staffer after staffer waiting on you to make decisions becomes wearing.

2) Voting present isn't an option when you president. Real jobs mean making real decisions; often tough decisions. Not making a decision is a decision in and of itself. This guy thinks that not doing anything in the Middle East means that things will work themselves out. We can now see results of "leading from behind".

3) Because this guy has never had a real job, he really does not understand what an executive is called to do. Seriously, this guy thinks that an executive just shows up to rally the worker bees and then he's free to hit the golf course.

Years ago, I had a client who would just be AWOL during the day leaving her staff to make really important decisions without her. Then she would ream them out for not consulting her when they made a decision she didn't like. I told her that being a business owner was more than a name on a business card. I wasn't her accountant after that day and she's no longer in business today. Go figure.

4) He's intellectually inflexible. Part of being a liberal is adhering to the orthodoxy even in the face of abject failure. ie they still want to confront global warming despite the fact that there hasn't been any warming in the past 18 years yet no one can really explain why; let's be nice to terrorists and they'll leave us alone etc.....

5) He's doesn't want his name on anything so went the shit hits the fan he's got a scapegoat.

Back in the day when I worked in banking, my department head asked me to rewrite some inane memo. When I asked him what he wanted in or out of the memo he gave me a whole line of fluffy bullshit that didn't mean anything. I told him if he wanted it changed he could edit what he wanted.

It pissed him off because he really didn't want to be associated with the memo. I concluded that he wanted me to be the fall guy when the shit started flying.

If you have any other reasons why these guys are truly the JV team email them to me at gtvcpa@yahoo.com and I'll post them.


No comments: